Preparing For A Thunderstorm
Thunderstorms can be more dangerous than you think! They happen often and can cause a lot of damage to your home. Of course, there are ways to help prevent this. To prepare for a Thunderstorm, you should do the following:
- You should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Get inside a home, building, or hard top automobile (not a convertible).
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutter are not available, close windows blinds, shades or curtains.
- Unplug any electronic equipment well before the storm arrives.
Here are some facts about Thunderstorms!
-They may occur singly, in clusters or in lines.
-Some of the most severe occur when a single Thunderstorm affects one location for an extended time.
-Warm, humid conditions are highly favorable for Thunderstorm development.
When Storms hit SERVPRO of Farmingdale / Massapequa is Ready!